To lose weight, you have to cut down your calories. Usually, calories will fulfill your hunger, making you feel even more hungry and tempting if you cut them down. So we must take the correct food that can satisfy our hunger and cut the calories simultaneously.
10 Low-Calorie Foods That Are Surprisingly Filling
We do have many food items that are both hunger fulfilling and low in calories. Here are some low-calorie foods that are surprisingly filling,
Oats are healthy as well as it has low calories, and are of whole natural grains. Therefore, it is perfect for people who want to lose weight by eating healthy food. Oats are also high in protein and fiber that keep you full for a while. The dry oats have 148 calories, 5.5 grams of protein, and 3.8 grams of fiber.
Therefore, it will have a significant impact on hunger and appetite. The studies say that many people have tried oats for weight loss, and they are satisfied with it and can sustain themselves till their next meal. Over the decade, oats have become a famous health food.
- The different varieties all have similar nutrition.
- They can make meat stretch further.
- They are a nutritious swap for breadcrumbs.
- They are gluten-free.
- You can grind them into flour.
- They blend well into smoothies.
- You don’t have to cook them.
2. Greek Yogurt
Greek Yogurt has proteins that help to prevent craving and promotes weight loss. It is one of the standard dairy products on the market. The reason that many people prefer Greek Yogurt is because it’s cream and tasty for many meals. Greek Yogurt has a rich flavor and thick texture.
This thick and protein-rich yogurt has a variety of potential uses in sweet recipes. In the study, the women who ate experienced less hunger and felt fullness when compared to lower protein snacks. As there are many brands and flavors, but they differ from each other.
- An Excellent Source of Protein
- Greek Yogurt Is a Rich Source of Calcium
- Contains Probiotics That May Improve Gut Health
- Greek Yogurt Is High In Vitamin B12
- May Have Benefits For Oral Health
- Promote Satiety and Appetite Control
- Potential Heart Benefits
Who doesn’t like to have soup? Soup seems to look like a light side dish but is very satisfying. Researchers suggest that soups are more filling than any other solid food. Therefore, you can rely on soup as it will fulfill your hunger for a long time.
As there are many types of soups available in the market, make sure you do not choose creamy and chowder soups. They have high calories. You will have many options in soups, so choose according to your choice and stay healthy. Soup is healthy to eat as it has many ingredients involved, like vegetables, meat, milk, or water.
- Women prefer to eat soup more than men do.
- Americans eat more soup than any other country.
- 99% of all Americans have soups in their homes.
Berries are small and edible fruits. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are filled with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help to boost your health. They are high in fiber that boosts weight loss and reduces hunger. Berries are the healthiest fruits as they provide many nutrients.
It has many health benefits as well. There are even other types of berries that you can eat for weight loss and stay fit. Berries have the source of pectin. Pectin is a type of diet that helps to slow down stomach emptying and increases the fullness in humans and animals.
- Ultimate brain protection.
- Keep your brain clean.
- Fresh is good, but frozen may be better.
- Organic berries are higher in antioxidants than regular berries.
- Consuming one cup of berries every day can be healthy for the brain.
- Strawberries could cure your headache.
- In the US, there’s a National Blueberry Pie Day.
Popcorn is high in fiber content with filling low calorie snacks. There are 31 calories in 1 cup and a boost of 1.2 grams of dietary fiber. This fiber in popcorn helps slow digestion fulfill and stabilize blood sugar, stopping you from craving and hunger.
Popcorn is the most common and famous snack. It will satisfy your hunger and control your appetite. In one study, 35 people observed that after eating popcorn, they felt full and satisfied for a while compared to the people who ate potato chips with 150 calories. Therefore, you will feel happy and full with the snacks of popcorn.
- Popcorn is high in fiber, low in fat, and contains no sugar and salt.
- Popcorn contains 31 calories per cup.
- Americans eat more popcorn than other countries.
- Popcorns are made of two kernels, yellow and white.
- Most of the popcorn is home consumption.
- Popcorn contains more antioxidants.
- People are eating popcorn for thousands of years.
6. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are high in protein and fiber with a low number of calories. Chia seeds have soluble fiber that absorbs liquids and fulfills the feeling in the stomach. In one study, 24 adults consumed yogurt with chia seeds and observed decreased hunger, less craving for sugary food, and fullness in the tummy.
Try to eat at least two chia seeds daily. It will help you control the cravings, reduce your appetite, and Chia seeds contain 138 calories per ounce of 28 grams. They have sources of many essential minerals and poor sources of vitamins. Chia seeds are also high in manganese, phosphorus, copper, selenium, iron, magnesium, and calcium.
- People are eating chia seeds for hundreds of years.
- Chia is healthy and has a good appetite.
- Chia seeds can absorb up to 9 times in liquid.
- Chia makes a great plant-based substitute for eggs.
- Chia seeds get loaded with antioxidants.
- Chia seeds may help you manage blood sugar levels.
- Chia seeds help your bones to stay fit.
7. Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese is a fresh cheese with a mild flavor and a curd product. Cottage cheese is high in proteins and an excellent snack for weight loss. One cup of cottage cheese is 226 grams, contains low-fat, and has 163 calories only.
Many studies state that foods like cottage cheese will provide proper protein and can decrease hunger and appetite. According to the researchers, eating proteins can slow down your appetite and fulfill your stomach. Cottage cheese is the favorite food for most people, and people are trying to lose weight.
- Cottage cheese also includes vitamins A, B1, B3, and B6.
- It is healthy for pregnant women.
- Cottage cheese contains sodium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and potassium.
- Cottage cheese makes your bones healthy and gives strength.
Many people think that potatoes are unhealthy and harmful with high-fat french fries and potato chips. But it’s not true.
Potatoes are good for nutrition and healthy for diet. Baked potatoes with skin contain 161 calories, and 4 grams will have protein & fiber too. Potatoes are one of the most filling foods and supply a compound that decreases appetite and food intake to fulfill the stomach. So feel free to eat potatoes.
- Potatoes came from the Andes.
- Potatoes are also known as spud.
- China is the world’s largest potato producer.
- Idaho gets coined as the Potato State.
- Potatoes contain vitamin B6, potassium, and more.
- Potatoes are good for your health.
- You can eat potatoes with sprouts.
Legumes are rich in both protein and fiber. It also includes peas, chickpeas, beans, soybeans, and peanuts that help to fulfill incredibly. Raw legumes contain antinutrients that help in digestion and absorb other nutrients. Legumes have many other health benefits, including the reduction in heart disease and low cholesterol levels.
Many studies have proven that legumes have a powerful effect on appetite and hunger. In a review, 31% of people observed full after eating legumes compared to other meals like pasta and bread.
- In legumes, there are more than 18000 different plants.
- Legumes are the third largest flowering plant.
- Legumes get frequently planted to renew the nitrogen supplies in the soil.
- Legumes grow from small herbaceous plants to large woody in range.
- Legumes have a family. The family members are kudzu, locoweed, wisteria, rosewood, mimosa, acacia, and honey locust.
- Legumes produce several seeds that can get consumed as vegetables.
- The legume flower has male and female parts on the same flower.
Watermelon is one of the great fruits to eat. As watermelon is high in water content, it will keep you hydrated and supplies a minimal number of calories. One hundred fifty-two grams of watermelon contains 46 calories. You can consume watermelon either by making it frozen, eating fresh, or adding it to smoothies.
The juice of the melon has several health benefits like low blood pressure and reduces muscle soreness. In addition, it is an excellent dietary source for both citrulline and lycopene. Eating watermelon that is low in calories has shown fullness and hunger compared to other high-calorie foods.
- Watermelon contains almost 91% water.
- Watermelon is essential for nutrients like vitamin C and A.
- Watermelon originally comes from South Africa.
- Watermelons are grown in 96 countries.
- There are 1200 varieties of watermelons.
- Watermelon contains 6% sugar.
- It releases muscle tension and is rich in many vitamins.
As there are many ways to lose weight, in an exact way, there are many things that you can eat that have low calories. Apart from exercises you also need to control your appetite to lose weight.
Eat healthily, stay healthy!